What better than to cook with seasonal ingredients? Endives and mushrooms are typical Autumn ones and they can go very well together in a cooked dish. Rose&Clementine is happy to share this delicious recipe that includes them.
Rose&Clementine’s Autumn’s chicken dish with endives, bacon, mushrooms and olives.
Ingredients for 4 people
4 breasts of chicken
1 large or 2 small onions
125g diced bacon
200 ml cream (“crème fleurette”/ double cream type, can be low fat)
60 g stoneless green olives
Dijon mustard (the yellow and strong one)
2 tea spoons of butter
Optional: basmati rice, tagliatelli or spaghetti.
– Slice the chicken.
– Melt 1 tea spoon of butter in a pan and fry the chicken until golden. Then take it out of the pan and add salt, pepper and cover the strips in mustard. Leave aside.
– Fry the diced bacon. Once cooked, take them out the pan and dry them in kitchen paper (sopalin).
– Melt one tea spoon of butter in a pan at low-mid temperature, add the onion and endives cut in small pieces and the diced bacon. Leave them cook slowly for 5 minutes. Then, add the previously sliced mushrooms and olives and leave the mixture cook slowly for 5 minutes extra.
– Add the chicken strips and cook at low-mid temperature for 15/20mn. If need be, add a spoon of water to provent the dish from drying.
– Add the cream, 2 or 3 tea spoons of mustard, salt and pepper and let it warm for 3minutes.
It is ready. The dish should preferably be served with white basmati rice, tagliatelli or spaghetti.