Here is Rose&Clementine’s latest delicious recipe.
Savoury cake with olives, tomato and goat cheese.
For 4 people as a starter. If served as a main dish, the proportions are better suited for 3.
To be served with a green salad preferably with spicy French dressing.
2 spoons of sunflower oil
3 spoons of double cream/crème fleurette
2 tea spoons of baking powder
¼ or ½ of a teaspoon of salt (at your convenience)
50g green olives
2 generous handful of grated Emmental cheese
100g goat cheese
- Heat up your oven at 180degree Celsius.
- Pour the flour in a dish. Add the eggs, beat well until the dough is smooth. Add the sunflower oil, the double cream, the baking powder and salt.
- Add the Emmental cheese.
- Wash and cut the tomatoe in small squares. Add the tomato and olives to the dough and mix carefully.
- Wrap a rectangular cooking dish (27cm/7cm in the picture) with baking paper.
- Pour the dough in the cooking dish. Cut the goat cheese in slices and deep the slices evenly into the dough.
- Place the dish in the oven for around 30/35minutes depending on your oven.
You can replace the olives with 50g of walnuts that you will have roughly chopped beforehand.
Serve warm or cold. R&C prefers it warm but that is up to you!