Ok, so Summer is coming to an end. But here is a recipe that is going to take you back to the warm night picnics you had a few weeks ago, somewhere on the grass, a bridge or on a beach.
This is a very fresh lemony tabouleh recipe. Perfect for an evening of watching Summer pictures for example.
It is extremely easy and fast to make but it needs to stay in the fridge for 6 hours minimum. It usually tastes even better the day after.
Rose&Clementine’s favourite tabouleh recipe.
For 4/5 people
200g semolina (cuscus grain)
500g branch tomatoes
3 large lemons
20g fresh mint
Virgin olive oil
- Pour the semolina in a large bowl. Cut the cucumber, onions and tomatoes in small pieces. Add this mixture onto the semolina and mix.
- Press the lemon juice and pour it on the semolina mix. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place it in the fridge for 6 hours.
- Half an hour before serving it, pour slowly a small quantity of olive oil evenly on the dish. Mix. Add salt. Mix.
- Wash the fresh mint, dry it and cut it into very small slices. Sprinkle on the dish and mix thoroughly.
- Cover again with cling film and place in the fridge again for half an hour.
It is ready!